Thursday, July 10, 2008

First blog 7/10/08


Wow, it's been a busy summer for us so far! Mark has been playing a lot of fast pitch softball and I've been working and spending as much time with Avery as I can. Mark is home for the summer so he and Avery have been doing a lot of fun things together. They go to the park every morning and then to the track at Wood River High School where they run a lap and Avery runs the whole way! She's going to be a runner someday. We've been spending time swimming at my parents' house and at Maria and Ron's house. It's nice to have so many pools to swim in!


Last month we went to Destin, FL with my parents and my sister Katie and her husband Eric. We had a blast! Avery loved the beach and spent hours playing in the sand with her bucket and shovel.


Hopefully the 2nd half of summer doesn't go by as fast as the 1st half. We aren't quite as busy the rest of the month, so hopefully we can fit some relaxation in.


Avery is growing like a weed and way too smart for her own good. She says the most hilarious things and I've been keeping a journal and writing everything down so she can read it someday. You never know what is going to come out of that girl's mouth! She is the definition of "drama queen" as well. Every little bump or scrape is a tragedy and every time she stubs her toe she says "I broke my toe!" She keeps us laughing, that's for sure. She's also got a heart of gold. Last night my mom and I took her to the park and a little girl with very visible facial deformities came over to play with Avery and Avery said "hi" and gave her the biggest smile and they played together for a while. It touched my heart. She didn't see the little girl as anything but a fast friend. I wish everyone could be like that and only see the good in people! She's definitely opened my eyes to things in daily life that I never stopped to noticed before, like the moon in the sky in the middle of the day and birds flying overhead. Basically, she's just made our lives so much happier!


Work is going great for me, but the next week could be crazy because I'm the only one in the office. Everyone left me to spend a week in New York for the MLB All Star Game. No fair! I'll be going to the All Star Game next year though since it will be in St. Louis.


I've also recently went vegetarian and haven't looked back. It's still new and I'm learning how to eat and getting creative with food, but I feel amazing and I feel like this is truly how I'm supposed to be living my life. It's forced me to each much healthier and I can already see the difference on the scale too! I'm sure the pounds will melt away in time.


Mark has a trivia night for his softball team on August 9th in Maryville, IL if anyone is interested. It should be a lot of fun! Just give us a call or email me if you're interested.


No comments: